The list of best VPS hosting tools – 2020
Comparison Reviews by Industry Experts
If you’re arranging your best website, one of the most important things is the best hosting. Surely, if you’re running something simple like more than half of all website owners do – a template-based site on a best site-creating online tool with high automation and little or no manual coding, with a few or few dozen pages, you don’t need to delve into the boondocks of understanding what a best VPS hosting is and whether you need it. But for more complex websites, which might use best technologies like Apache, ASP, .NET, PHP, phpBB, and MySQL, various configurations, and are critical about the usage of RAM, bandwidth, and using disk space that is shared with no one else, then VPS is often the best case – in terms of money and convenience. We’re talking about the best virtual server hosting comparison in this article.
VPS web hosting: what is it?
There are mainly three types of hosting:
- your own dedicated best server (a costly and best solution allowing only you to have your website on it, doing any type of configuration and using any applicable technology at any time)
- the best VPS, which is a part of some server, virtually separated for you only, with no one else having access to the files of your website, where you can do pretty much the same as on the dedicate server but you’re doing it for a fraction of cost of the previous
- a shared hosting, when you’re using a part of some best server with other users (there may be thousands of them hosted on one server at a time). Ya’ll going to share the same RAM, disk space, and bandwidth, interchangeably depleting those resources. This is the cheapest yet best in cost solution, which is used by most online best WYSIWYG website builders.
As you can see, the VPS possibility is in the middle of them. You are using your website with a dedicated RAM, disk storage space, and bandwidth, nobody can access your files, you can install or deinstall technologies at any time you want, reboot it, and it will not affect other users of the same server, as you’re technologically separated from them. Also, you’re paying significantly lesser than for the entire server, which is simply unnecessary for small and medium websites without any special or complicated technical needs.
The list of the best VPS hosting services and VPS hosting comparison
Below, we are considering fourteen best VPS tools in order to briefly highlight their best pros and cons and describe their essence just to give you the understanding of each best tool in a couple of words.
1. Hostinger best VPS service
Hostinger as the best VPS tool started its operation in 2004 and today, it is one of the most reliable and popular platforms for all types of hosting not just for VPS. It offers several types of subscription plans, ranging in RAM, available disk space, dedicated CPU powers, and bandwidth, with best prices ranging from just $3.95 per month to $65.56 per month (selecting a 4-year billing option).
- It works fast due to numerous pieces of technology used to increase the speed.
- Customers can count on 99.9% of uptime.
- Comprehensible dashboard.
- Awesome support service.
- Wonderful price for beginners.
- It will not give you a free SSL certificate.
- No daily automated backups.
- Price changes after the first paid period, to bigger.
2. Interserver VPS hosting reviews
This best VPS tool has been around for more than 20 years and it is a second popular best solution after Hostinger’s best VPS hosting. It offers wonderful pricing and discounts, excellent uptime with guaranteed fast recovery should anything go offline, tremendous client support service, and price lock feature, which guarantees prices of existing clients won’t change during the lifetime.
- The best VPS plan is flexible and scalable in both directions.
- According to VPS reviews, it has 24/7/365 support of clients – that really helps.
- A possibility to migrate your website from a previous location for free for newcomers.
- One of the best on the market uptime rates – 99.97%.
- Proven best performance of servers.
- It is only possible to have USA-located data centers (which thus, comply with the US legislation, so a range of sites and functions are unacceptable).
3. Knownhost top VPS
Knownhost is one of the best long-livers on the market (it has been here since 2005) but it isn’t known as globally as the previous two companies. It offers its clients only servers from the United States and it is quite more expensive (starting with 25 dollars) than the previous two best VPS hosts, which does not make it the best VPS hosting India. It also offers lesser RAM, bandwidth, and storage space yet it still is enough for clients from over 150 countries of the world.
- This best VPS server offers Linux-based hosting (which is often considered better than Windows servers).
- Average-high uptime of this best cheap VPS – 99.9% of all time (similar to all other best VPS tools).
- It has 24/7/365 client support.
- It only provides servers physically located in the US.
- It does not offer you Windows servers (that means the impossibility to use ASP, .NET, and some other best Windows-specific technologies).
- Some users may find it confusing to deal with overwhelming options of subscriptions.
4. Namecheap Inc. best virtual private server
The company was found in 2000, and it offers hosting and registration of domain names in addition to the provision of the e-mail server, SSL, and a website builder functionality (but the latter is not very popular amongst clients).
- A very cheap price, which makes it enter best top ten VPS. While most other best tools start with something like 4 or 5 dollars a month (on a very long-term subscription and billing for several years in one payment), Namecheap offers you to pay $10 for a year with almost 100% best uptime and the best cPanel. But that is for their best cheapest plan, which is not VPS. To compare VPS hosting, the offer is $11.88 a month with fixed-priced renewals (which is also a good thing, as they don’t raise the price after the first usage period is over).
- Free website domain name.
- You select Windows or Linux hosting.
- Best uptime.
- Wide technical opportunities of hosting – like up to 4 CPU cores, 6 Gb RAM, 120 Gb storage space, and 3,000 Gb bandwidth.
- No PCI compliance.
- You are topped by some technical and technological limitations, so this is nice for owners of several not too large websites (which aren’t planning to grow big).
- Server speed is not a top-performing one on the market, as they use the old PHP version and only 50 Mb per second of data transfer.
- Hosting is not the priority specialization for this company, as it mostly focuses on domain names registration.
5. Forex VPS as the best managed VPS
This best VPS vendor is tuned not for all sites but for Forex trading operations, which is why it may not be good for various kinds of your needs. Also, it offers only Windows-based hosting (without Linux). Here, as it is seldom met in VPS companies, you can resell their product as an affiliate, gaining from 5% to 20% commission.
- It offers 4 locations of servers: the USA, the UK, Canada, and France.
- VPS pricing ranges between $3.00 and $68.90 (storage, CPU, and RAM differ in subscription packages).
- Great network infrastructure, latest technology, and highly productive host servers.
- Security is high and backup is competitive.
- The uptime is up to 100% (they say, even the power shortage makes it impossible for their core system to shut down).
- Fast setup time for your website on this server (around an hour).
- VPS comparison: compared to its nearest competitors like Hostinger and Interserver.net, to which we could give 4.8-4.9 stars, we could only give 4 stars to Forex VPS.
- Money-back guarantee in this not the best VPS host is possible to claim only within 3 days after the payment was made (not within 1-2 months like in competitors).
- The knowledge base isn’t fulfilled with articles, so it’s impossible to get self-aid should you don’t know something.
- It is only suitable for owners of large sites, as small businesses and private persons aren’t the target audience.
6. Contabo GMBH best VPS hosting providers
This company is registered in Germany (where its servers also located) and offers both Linux and best windows VPS hosting. That’s why you have to be aware of payments in Euros that the company takes from its clients, with a very affordable starting price – only €2.99 a month. The company was founded in 2003.
- The VPS hosting company offers 2 data centers (both in Germany).
- It is optimized for a range of users – from natural persons through small businesses to large companies.
- You may be helped with customization of servers for your needs by the company’s specialists (but you can safely use basic set-up).
- Get IPv4 address and 65.535 IPv6 addresses for free.
- Only Germany-based servers.
- You cannot buy the domain name from this company without buying hosting (should you need them separated – go to Namecheap Inc. to register the domain name and to Hostinger to host your website).
- Not all plans will suit your needs in technologies allowed. For instance, the blogging software isn’t possible to be installed in the basic hosting subscription.
7. Eukhost Ltd. best VPS hosting provider
The company was founded in 2001 in the UK and, for more than 15 years, it has been offering international hosting. And while shared hosting is offered from only $3.91 a month, the VPS hosting plans are significantly costlier – deals range from $18.08 to $51.64 a month (prices are denominated in pounds sterling and are subject to change due to the dollar/pound fluctuations) – that already includes VAT.
- The company offers Linux and Windows-based hosting opportunities and cloud VPS.
- 24/7/365 support, friendly and nice.
- Even the lowest-grade subscription plan offers 2 CPU cores, 1.5 Gb RAM, 30 Gb storage space, and unlimited bandwidth (such a great bandwidth is actually better than in many VPS hosting tools).
- Daily free backups.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- A free domain name is not given to you in the basic Linux subscription plan but that’s the only real flaw.
8. Glowhost.com with the best VPS hosting plans
It is one of the biggest VPS hosting companies. It is registered in the US in 2002 and today has 18 data centers all over the world (the US, Mexico, Hong Kong, Canada, Europe, Australia, and Japan are amongst their locations).
- 100% uptime guarantee (as they say).
- 91-day money-back policy (significantly longer term than in other VPS hosting companies).
- For newcomers, the price is cut in half for the first month of service, then it is raised back to normal. But there is a possibility to have here two months for free when coming from another hosting provider.
- It is not the cheapest VPS hosting provider, as the first plan with VPS comes for $13.49 a month, going in upsurge to $49.99 a month.
9. Webhosting UK Com Ltd.
The company originated in 2001 in the UK (and it still sits there). This is one of not too flamboyant VPS hosting companies, as what it offers as starting subscriptions really don’t allow you to host your website – think of that: only 100 or 500 Mb of disk storage space, and 3-5 Gb of bandwidth cannot actually satisfy any client, who is not just playing around creating their first website consisting of 3-5 pages. Thus, what other VPS hosting tools offer as basic, this company promotes as ‘advanced’.
- PCI compliance (it means that you can host a website on the servers of the company if your site uses the option of online card payments). Without PCI compliance, this would be either impossible for you or very dangerous for payers.
- 99.9+% uptime.
- Free SMS notifications if there’s something wrong with your account.
- Some advantages like in other VPS hosting companies do not go for free, like a backup.
- Many plans to choose from aren’t explained, which is what and which is better. Sometimes, one should use Live Chat help in order to figure out.
- You cannot obtain the cost info – not without submitting your e-mail.
- Only UK-based servers, without the possibility to choose a country location.
10. HostLabs Hosting
HostLabs is the company based in Turkey, offering the physical location of servers in Turkey and Germany. Their VPS hosting used to start with only 1 dollar a month (as an old-time and bygone now time-limited offer). Today, the company offers whopping $44.95 a month – and this is only a starting point (that high price is actually an ending point in many other VPS hosting companies, while some of them offer 5 bucks a month only as a starting price).
- Nice and appealing company’s website, with pretty pictures and texts.
- The possibility to choose from two physical server locations.
- SSL comes for no extra cost.
- Windows and Linux VPS are both supported.
- Nice support, which is working pretty swiftly.
- Too high price – especially considering this is a Turkish company.
- All upgrades come for too much extra money – like if you wanna upgrade in your RAM, then each 1 Gb of extra RAM is given to you for 0.6 dollars every day (18,25 extra dollars on average per month)! The same goes for extra CPUs, disk space, and bandwidth.
11. Dream VPS Hosting (L.R Smart Solutions Ltd.)
This VPS hosting company has been operating on the market since 2018. The company today has 12 data centers, which are located in the US, the UK, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, and Germany.
- The price is kinda low for VPS hosting – only $10 a month (as of late March-2020) and it is a promotional price, which usually is $29.99 a month. Also, other pricing plans include the payment of $17.80, $46.40, $76.10, or customizable – depending on your needs.
- 30-day free trial.
- Whopping speed of their servers – up to 40 Gb/s per server in the background.
- The largest disadvantage is that this company, obviously, rigidly follows its web reputation and completely hides all possible disadvantages from the public’s eyes. So, if they aren’t telling anyone about their cons, and people don’t write about them – it means that things are so terribly bad or nobody uses this company’s services.
12. Rebel (CA)
The company was found in Canada in 2006 as the domain registrar but today, it offers a wider range of services, including hosting. But their site-making is powered by Weebly online tool.
- High level of security, malware protection, and detection.
- They have 12 data centers but they are affiliates of Amazon, so, they are reusing their centers. They can offer you 7 countries to host.
- The company is very client-focused and has a client in the center, so no wonder its client service is more than excellent.
- Not too much variety in VPS hosting offers and many of them are too similar to others.
- Enterprise offers with high variety and high-end-needs should be sought for elsewhere.
- E-commerce feature is powered by Weebly, a website constructor.
GoDaddy is a domain registrar and hosting providing company. The company was founded in 1997 and was known then as Jomax Technologies. Its headquarters is in Arizona. Today, it employs around 6,000 employees and has over 2 billion in yearly revenue.
- This is one of a handful of companies, which do not limit your bandwidth.
- Linux and Windows operating systems are offered.
- High uptime.
- All your files on the server belonging to one website cannot be more than 250,000 items. That’s bad if to consider that this is too little for large websites, where one separate page of an online store, for instance, may have about 10-20 unique items connected to it (not to mention the shared files that are the same for all website).
- No free SSL, no free backups, and no free advanced options, which one could find elsewhere. Pay for everything.
- Their plans and extras make it all quite expensive if to make VPS price comparison.
What is the best hosting service for WordPress? This one (they actually advertise it themselves). The company is selling its VPS hosting for $29.99…$59.99 a month.
- Storage in this top-rated VPS is flamboyant.
- No limits in bandwidth.
- Great uptime, over 99%.
- Only the first term of subscription is cheap. Others are higher significantly.
- Bad speed, bad client support.
- Only US-based servers.
How much do you pay for using VPS hosting?
If you’re not specifically looking for Windows-based hosting, you will save 10-20 bucks per month with Linux. Also, the latter is more widespread. The range of prices we have discovered is large and you can today start to host your website anywhere from 4 bucks a month to about 80 – depending on how many months or years you are paying for upfront in one payment, how much RAM, CPUs, disk space, and bandwidth you need. Also, the price may be affected by SSL certificates, which not always come for free.
What features of VPS hosting features users need?
That will depend solely on your project: its technologies, volume, budget, time, and the availability of specialists in your company who will be able to set up a server just as you need (sometimes, this can be done by the specialists of a VPS hosting itself). Usually, for large websites, which take off with hundreds or thousands of pages, only high-end subscriptions are suitable but that’s not always the case, as some VPS hosting providers offer decent value already in starting subscriptions. The difference will also be in Windows or Linux hosting, as the second does not allow some technologies of the first and vice versa.
Conclusion: is VPS hosting better than other types of hosting?
If your goal is to have everything that a separate hosting server offers in terms of technology but to spend 2-3-4 times lesser money, then your option is definitely VPS hosting, as it quite not differs in an outcome for a user from the separate hosting server. And it is definitely better than shared hosting, as you’re not sharing all your RAM, storage, input/output and bandwidth resources with other users (which can be thousands on one server). All in all, VPS hosting is the solution of smart businessmen who count money.