Best Wysiwyg Website Builders
Comparison Reviews by Industry Experts
The world’s first website info.cern.ch was launched on August 6, 1991. In those times a website was something mysterious and too much difficult to understand. Website creation is used to be complex work, on which involved a whole team of experts: web designers, developers, flash animators, copywriters, SEO optimizers. People sincerely did not understand why a website might be needed and why to spend a lot of money on its creation. Nowadays there are more than a billion websites. Each entrepreneur, having decided to start his own business, on a par with the business plan, he also thinks about the creation of his company’s website.
Not only entrepreneurs but also artists, writers, music bands, designers create their website to spread creative ideas and to enlarge the target audiences. Teachers create websites to communicate with their students, send tasks and share necessary information.
Why do you need a website
- Direct sales
- Promotion of business on the Internet
- Providing utilitarian functions
- Underline status and image
Anybody can get a website nowadays. But who works on creating the site? Most of the websites are created with website builders – software for creating a website in a visual editor without special programming knowledge. The first site builders appeared about 15 years ago. The appearance of designers allowed the user to quickly create the site itself without serious investment. Why spend big money on professional studios, which are often overpriced when the Internet site can now be made virtually free of charge.
The advantages of website builders
- First of all, with the designer, you can create a website for free or pay a small price.
- Secondly, and this does not require specialized programming skills.
- Thirdly, you can make your online resource in just a few hours.
Today the site is not just a beautiful picture. A website helps to increase the level of sales, the possibilities of communication both with the target audience and with potential partners, customers, and competitors.
If you want to create your website, whether it is an exciting project or a business card site for your new business, there is nothing complicated about it. With WYSIWYG editor you create a professional-looking website in minutes, you will spend a minimum of effort.
What is a WYSIWYG web editor?
A WYSIWYG website builder is useful for those who want to create their site with a minimum of financial and time costs. If you are looking for the best WYSIWYG editor, read this article to find out what are 9 top-rated WYSIWYG website builders.
Find the best WYSIWYG web builder for your project
In 2020 we have a great variety of free WYSIWYG web builders. We know that for a new user it can be quite difficult to assess the functionality of each of them. Here are some handy tips for you on how to choose the best WYSIWYG website builder decision for your needs.
When choosing the optimal solution for yourself, we recommend paying attention to the following parameters when choosing a designer for websites in 2020:
- Design variability.
The more design options are available, the more you can choose the options for the final appearance.
- Availability of SEO tools.
Good services provide functionality for internal site optimization (robots.txt settings, sending for indexing, creating a convenient URL, etc.).
- Convenience when working with metadata.
Also, before the final choice of the website builder, we recommend to learn about the quality of technical support services – in the future, you may need to migrate to another hosting, fix technical errors and perform other tasks, the solution of which will only help high-quality technical support.
So now get comfortable and let us present you 9 top-rated WYSIWYG website builders.
Wix is one of the most influential WYSIWYG website builder platforms created by the Israeli company. Wix is a simple resource for those who do not know the basic programming languages. It offers a great variety of templates, intuitive interface and the ability to optimize your site.
We can say with confidence that Wix is the best website builder among the existing ones at the moment. And here are some of its benefits:
- Creating a site with WIX is very easy. No need to have any special skills, everything is intuitive;
- WIX is a one-of-a-kind Drag & Drop constructor with HTML5 functionality;
- The Wix WYSIWYG website builder offers a huge number of original templates and more than 250 applications to extend the basic functionality;
- You also get professional hosting absolutely free – even at the basic rate with no monthly fee;
- All your data will be secured with an SSL certificate;
- There is the possibility of integration with social networks and SMO marketing;
- Additional premium plans at more than reasonable prices open you new opportunities for creating your perfect website.
- Limited functionality. If you are doing something very simple, such as a blog or a business card, then the WIX is a good option for you. But it’s impossible to expand the functionality adding some interesting, necessary options. You can act only within the limited framework of the website builder.
- Wix doesn’t allow moving the site to another platform. Officially, you can only transfer a domain, and no more, since the rights on everything that is done on Wix it belongs to Wix. Beginner users note that the overloaded interface looks confusing at the beginning.
- Wix offers users a lot of possibilities for editing so creating a website for the first time be careful not to spoil the template.
- If you are not an English native speaker and want to get customer support in your language think twice before building your website with Wix: the technical support is provided in English only.
- Connect Domain – $3.75-5.95 / month;
- Combo – $7.58-10.95 / month;
- Unlimited – $11.41-15.95 / month;
- eCommerce – $14.79-19.90 / month;
- VIP – $23-30 / month.
Weebly is one of the best WYSIWYG web builders. The services were created by David Rusenko, Dan Veltri and Chris Fanning, who graduated from the State University of Pennsylvania, USA.
Weebly offers perhaps the easiest way to launch a website in less than an hour. It is also one of the most recognizable brands in this competitive space, which continues to attract new customers every day. Since it was found in 2006 owners regularly update and customize the core software behind the brand’s functionality. Creating a website with your own hands turns into pleasure.
- Weebly offers a completely intuitive interface. You can customize your site for yourself, for your corporate identity. It is easy and simple.
- With this WYSIWYG web builder, you get beautiful, aesthetic templates. For each page it offers several options of the layout.
- High-speed responses from technical support.
- Many pre-installed applications. The choice is huge: marketing tools, payment systems, social networks. The website builder has an HTML/CSS editor so that you can embed your code and even download code for your site in CSS or HTML.
- Weebly allows previewing the template to see it is exactly what you want for your site. The template can be changed at any time.
- The functionality is enough to create a good online store, you can export and import goods; Built-in promotion tools will help you to expand your business
- The shortcomings consisted mainly of a lack of themes; and Minimal SEO settings.
- If you want to get full online store functionality to be ready to pay for the Business plan; Starter and Pro Weebly will charge a commission of 3% from each transaction.
- Weebly doesn’t make auto back up. You can make a back up manually, save everything to a zip file whenever you want. But if a disaster happens suddenly, you need to contact Weebly support to completely restore your site to its previous state.
- Free plan – $0;
- Connect – $7 /mo billed monthly or $5 /mo billed yearly;
- Pro – $18 /mo billed monthly or $12 /mo billed yearly;
- Business – $35 /mo billed monthly or $25 /mo billed yearly;
- Business Plus – $46 /mo billed monthly or $38 /mo billed yearly.
Squarespace is an online WYSIWYG web builder platform for creating a site from a small blog, portfolio to a full-fledged commercial platform. Squarespace is a website builder focused on creating blogs and portfolios.
In a nutshell: An all-in-one WYSIWYG web builder that lets you create a website from beginning to end by your own – without any external help – and then have it hosted on Squarespace servers.
- The main advantage of Squarespace WYSIWYG web builder seems to be that the platform can be used by everyone, even if you do not have experience building the site. Furthermore, it is not just about building just a website, but a beautiful and optimized creation in keeping with modern standards.
- With Squarespace you can create all types of websites, from simple business card sites to blogs, e-commerce stores, and portfolio sites, or a combination of these.
- There is a large number of pre-set templates and designs that you can select, well suited to every branch of business.
- There is a free trial available, free hosting and domain and free Google and Typekit fonts
- Squarespace offers Round-the-clock technical support.
- You can’t fully test Squarespace WYSIWYG web builder functionality for free. There is no free plan and during the trial period you get access to the limited functionality
- Same with many other WYSIWYG web builder platform, there are too many restrictions
- In the users’ review, people note the slow performance of the visual editor and previews of galleries.
- Personal – $12/ month;
- Business – $18/ month;
- Basic Commerce – $26/ month;
- Advanced Commerce – $40/ month.
Shopify is a Canadian company that works on the software for online and offline stores. SHOPIFY.COM was launched in 2006. Today this WYSIWYG web builder is one of the most famous platforms for online stores in the world, with over 400,000 customers. Shopify is a perfect service to create stores of varying degrees of complexity. It can be used by both beginners and very advanced users with the same success.
- Shopify WYSIWYG web builder looks beautiful, easy to use, has extensive features.
- The site is built based on templates, which are divided into paid and free. All Shopify templates are different from each other. All templates look modern, stylish, you can add large sliders and large photos, a lot of free space.
- There are no complicated effects, but now there is minimalism in the trend, and the site builder fully corresponds to it.
- Customization of templates: change color, work with fonts, window elements – header, basement. If you are looking for more customization opportunities – welcome to the HTML editor. The initial code of any template can be downloaded to your computer and edited according to your needs. Or you can do it in the built-in editor.
- Shopify has a Rich built-in application store with a large number of applications to extend the functionality of your website
- There are many settings and functions for an online store: Like product cards, order processing, etc.
- Shopify offers a mobile application to run your store via your mobile phone;
- Shopify will charge a commission when making sales;
- All advanced features are available for premium plans only;
- No phone support for non-English speaking countries.
- Basic Shopify – $29 / month;
- Shopify – $79 / month;
- Advanced Shopify – $299 / month
Strikingly is an excellent WYSIWYG web builder for creating websites without any programming knowledge. Created in 2012 it became a well-known website builder by 2020. This service helps you to create a beautiful thematic site with the all necessary functions fast.
The process of creating and designing a site can be described as What-You-Click-Is-What-You-Edit. To edit any element, just click on it, after which the corresponding editing tool will open.
- Strikingly is a perfect WYSIWYG platform with user-friendly navigation and several dozens of ready-made templates cover all popular thematic categories: from business card site to online store.
- The free plan offered by Strikingly is endless. You can use the platform for free as long as you want.
- All changes you do on your site are saved automatically;
- Layouts look good on any digital screen; Created sites have an adaptive design and do not require a separate development of mobile options — website will be compatible with all mobile devices (mobile phones, tablets, etc.)
- You can get free support at all rates and as a bonus Strikingly has a generous rewards program for their customers
- Limited free plan functionality. For example, the ability to embed custom HTML, JS, CSS codes are available only for paid plans.
- No form builder;
- Not convenient for placing a large amount of information;
- Customer support provided by phone only in English.
- Free plan – $0
- Limited – $7-8 / month
- PRO – $11.20-20/ month
- VIP – $49-34.40 / month
Also, you can get a custom domain for $24.95 / year and custom email for $25 / year.
BigCommerce is an open source website builder WYSIWYG service that makes it easy to create and customize your professional online store – without knowing and writing software code and design skills.
Founded in 2003, the company has two offices – one in Austin, Texas, USA, and one in Sydney, Australia. More than 95,000 customers from 65 countries of the world entrust their e-commerce to the BigCommerce platform. Since 2003 more than 25,000 operating online stores have been created. The main philosophy of the company: simplicity and reliability. Today is the most popular WYSIWYG web builder in the field of e-commerce
- Be sure Bigcommerce has everything you need to create and run an online store – a flexible taxation system, drop shipping options available, Amazon Import and Link tool, wide functionality for managing online stores. Add as many good as you want – BigCommerce doesn’t limit the number of items as well as there are no limits for bandwidth.
- As a website builder BigCommerce offers good-looking, mobile responsive templates;
- Keep an eye on your business any time – manage online store via your mobile phone;
- Online stores on BigCommerce are integrated with the social network Facebook, trading platforms PriceGrabber, Shopping.com, Shopzilla and others, as well as the eBay auction.
Despite the all great features offered BigCommerce is not perfect.
- Firstly, you are always attached to BigCommerce, since the beginning of cooperation.
- You can’t move to another service provider. So you will have to create a new online store, with the possibilities of BigCommerce, and this is not cheap.
- Secondly, BigCommerce can only be changed in the WYSIWYG editor. It means you cannot change the source code according to the needs of the business.
- It’s not a cheap tool for small business and BigCommerce is billing yearly so if you are not ready to spend money on your website BigCommerce will not work for you.
- Standard – $ 29.95 / month;
- Plus– $ 79.95 / month;
- Pro– $ 249.95 / month;
- Enterprise – custom pricing.
IM Creator is the most unusual WYSIWYG web builder to create a website.
The main feature is that this editor is not just drag-and-drop of elements, but it allows you to click and change anything in your chosen template to achieve the perfect realization of your idea. This WYSIWYG web builder offers you a unique at the whole world of the website building platforms.
- Comparing IM Creator WYSIWYG web builder with other platforms, the first of all we would emphasize its simplicity. When you use a Wix and Strikingly, it seems that it is as simple as possible, but just have a look at IMCreator.
- The free tariff will satisfy all the needs of the user who creates a small personal website for his own needs. In general, if you have dreamed a lot of a beautiful personal website, adapted for mobile devices and completely indifferent to your lack of time to master all the subtleties of site building, then IM Creator is what you need.
- Looks like IM Creator team did everything to make a creation of your site fast as never before: even guest account is enough to create a website, you are provided with an introduction video to master the system and the Technical support is available 24/7 via email;
- The site can be easily exported to another hosting provider.
- The free version of IMCreator has an unattractive URL format that makes your site look less professional.
- Another disadvantage of using a free IMCreator site is that you will see a rather large ad, “Start using IMCreator now” at the bottom of the site, which can also move away from the appearance of the portfolio.
- Users also mention slow performance, lack of advanced marketing tools and site analytics.
- Free plan – $0;
- Premium – $ 9.95 /mo Biannual, $ 7.95 /mo 1-year, $ 6.95 /mo 2-Year, $ 5.95 /mo 3-ear;
- Pro & Whitelable – $350 / Year.
3 friends developers Matthias Henze, Christian Springub and Fridtjof Detzner. created Jimbo as a WYSIWYG web builder where everybody would be able to create a site. The process of mastering Jimdo is quite simple. You can create a personal blog, business card, portfolio, business portal, online store.
- Using Jimdo WYSIWYG web builder you can work on your website from a phone on iOS or Android platform also offline;
- Jimdo offers the custom domain name and email address with a domain name;
- You can easily install ad units for earnings;
- Jimbo is multilingual – you can install several languages on the site;
- If you choose Jimbo you get Built-in statistics, SEO-program for search engines and a good Technical support
- As it often happens with free WYSIWYG web builder account – you get limited options: there is no mobile-friendly site design and no Search Engine Optimization features;
- You can’t pay monthly, Jimdo is charging money yearly;
- PLAY – $0 / month;
- START – $9 / month;
- GROW – $15 / month;
- eCommerce – $19 / month;
- UNLIMITED – $39 / month.
UKit is a WYSIWYG web builder to create websites for sales and services. The website builder offers to host, a huge set of free templates, a lot of specialized widgets, and it is synchronized with useful third-party services. You get everything for the successful implementation of your project.
- Ukit WYSIWYG web builder offers a good choice of templates. All of them are adapted to mobile devices. If free themes are not enough for your project you can get premium designs at a very affordable price; Site template can be changed after the site was created;
- Ukit is known as a powerful blogging platform with many specialized features
- If you have a business page on social networks you can simply create a website based on the available in social network content and customize the site according to your needs;
- uKit WYSIWYG web builder blog has a frequently asked questions section, which speeds up working with various aspects of website creation;
- Most themes o this WYSIWYG web builder look quite similar and you cant load your template if needed or edit HTML / CSS;
- The functionality sometimes has minor bugs
- Minimal – $5/ month;
- Basic – $10/ month;
- eCommerce – $12/ month;
- Pro – $15/ month.
All you need is WYSIWYG website builder
A website is a powerful marketing tool that allows you to solve many tasks: to sell, inform, advertise, create the image of the company and increase customer loyalty. Thanks to the competent development and promotion of a web resource, you can not just express yourself, but also get great benefits from your activities in the form of monetary, human or any other resources. In the end, the site is just a necessity in our modern dynamic world, which increasingly goes to the Internet environment, so its development should be given maximum attention. And not all of us are site developers or website designers. Look through the options. Select the best WYSIWYG website builder. Become a part of the World Wide Web